- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Describe with the help of a diagram an instrument which can be used to detect a charged body.
An electroscope is an instrument that is used to detect a charged body. It tests whether the body is charged or not.
- An electroscope consists of two leaves of aluminum foil connected to each other.
- These two leaves are connected to a metallic rod and this metallic rod.
- This metallic rod is connected to a metallic disc.
A labeled diagram for an electroscope is shown below:
Detection of charge with the help of an electroscope:
We can check a body whether is charged or not by striking it on the metallic disc of the electroscope. Let us see how a charged body is detected by an electroscope-
If the body is charged:
When a charged body strikes the metallic disc, this charge is conducted to the metallic rod and aluminum leaves, so they repel each other. So, if the leaves get moved away from each other by striking the body, then the body is charged.
If the body is not charged
If the leaves of aluminum foil come closer to each other then the body is not charged.
- Which MySQL query can be used with the help of which we can see the list of MySQL databases?
- Explain the concept of magnetic disk with the help of a diagram(DBMS)
- What is the method with the help of which the hexadecimal value can be treated as a number?
- Which MySQL function can be used to append values of a column with single quotes?
- Which library can be used to interact with database in JSP?
- How can Tensorflow be used to extract features with the help of pre-trained model using Python?
- Can body language be taught?
- What are the different wildcard characters which can be used with NOT LIKE operator?
- Which MySQL Data Type can be used to store Negative Number?
- Which MySQL function can be used to find out the length of the string in bits?
- What are the curries in which cinnamon can be used to improve the taste?
- Can a diamond operator be used with an anonymous inner class in Java 9?
- How can INTERSECTION between tables be implemented with the help of MySQL joins?
- How DIFFERENCES between tables can be implemented with the help of MySQL joins?
- How can Tensorflow be used with Estimators to add a column to the titanic dataset?
- How an iterator object can be used to iterate a list in Java?