Cognos - Notification Methods
An agent can use different notification methods to notify business users. An agent can notify business users by −
- An email to business users.
- Publishing a news item to a folder frequently used by users.
Email to Business Users
You can notify people by email using either a report task or an email task. To help you decide which method to use, you should understand how they differ.
You can use either a report task or an email task −
- To send a single email text message.
- To attach a single report in the specified output formats.
- If you attach only one HTML report and leave the body field empty, the report appears in the message body.
- To add links to a single report for the specified output formats.
News Item Published
In this, you can publish a news item/headline to a folder whose content can be viewed in a Cognos Navigator portlet and in any folder view. When a Business user clicks on the headline, it can open the content or view it as a web page.