- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
HTML5 inline video on iPhone vs iPad/Browser
59 Lectures 8.5 hours
68 Lectures 8 hours
The allowsInlineMediaPlayback property of a UIWebView) enables/ disables in line media playback in the iOS web browser for a native app.
By default, on iPhone this is set to NO, but on iPad its set to YES. Hence, the native video player takes over the screen, thus obstructing us from playing other dynamic content simultaneously with the video
Adjust this behaviour in HTML as follows −
<video id = "myVideo" width = "280" height = "140" webkit-playsinline>
In iOS 10+, Apple has now enabled the attribute playsinline in all the web browsers on iOS 10. Now, play around with this easily −
<video src = "new.mp4" playsinline>
- HTML5 video not working with jquery bxSlider plugin on iPad
- HTML5 applicationCache vs Browser Cache
- How to hide Back Button on navigation bar on iPhone/iPad?
- Safari on iPad (iOS6) does not scale HTML5 video to fill 100% of page width
- How to create a left-arrow button on a Toolbar on iPhone/iPad?
- Review on amazon prime video vs netflix
- Play infinitely looping video on-load in HTML5
- Commonly used Video formats while using HTML5 video
- How to generate Unique ID of device for iPhone/iPad using Swift?
- Display video inside HTML5 canvas
- Play video on canvas and preserve the last frame/image on HTML5 Canvas
- What are the best New features added to iPhone and iPad with iOS12?