- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Alternative of SAP .NET Connector
There are various (not many as for JAVA and others) possible ways to achieve the task. One way is to go for existing remote function calls library for establishing a connection. There are free to use wrappers written around RFC to serve the task.
Another library available for the same and mostly used is ERPConnect. It is easy to use and provides an easy mechanism to call BAPI, functions and table calls.
But the best way to go for use is web services but for that, you have to be on ERP5.0 or higher. In such case, no .NET connector is required and provides a lot of flexibility and standard features.
Also, SAP comes with a built-in Microsoft .NET Data Provider for my SAP Business Suite which is part of SQL Server 2005.
- You can write a simple SQL statement against an SAP table and perform data extraction
- You can execute BAPI/RFC too for extracting data.
The result of the process is exposed by Ado.NET data reader interface. With this interface being exposed, the result set can be used at a lot many places either in SSIS, Reporting Services or any other framework to use the data.
- Upgrading SAP .NET Connector from .NET 2.0 to .NET 3.0
- Downloading file using SAP .NET Connector
- Modifying or Executing SAP jobs using .NET Connector
- With use of SAP .NET Connector to perform an upgrade
- Writing a material on SAP system via .NET Connector
- Upgrading SAP.NET Connector 1.0 to .NET Connector 3.0
- Connecting SAP system from C# application via .NET Connector 3.0
- Downloading SAP.NET connector to integrate .NET application with SAP system
- Adding a field to SAP RFC table using .NET Connector 3.0
- SAP connector failed, use of port number 3350
- Calling external programs using SAP connector
- Using SAP connector 3.0 on an MVC application
- In SAP we can use the Java Connector
- Parsing SAP Logon ticket with .NET
- Fetching list of products from SAP: connecting SAP database from .net application