MIS - Major Enterprise Applications
Enterprise applications are specifically designed for the sole purpose of promoting the needs and objectives of the organizations.
Enterprise applications provide business-oriented tools supporting electronic commerce, enterprise communication and collaboration, and web-enabled business processes both within a networked enterprise and with its customers and business partners.
Services Provided by Enterprise Applications
Some of the services provided by an enterprise application includes:
- Online shopping, billing and payment processing
- Interactive product catalogue
- Content management
- Customer relationship management
- Manufacturing and other business processes integration
- IT services management
- Enterprise resource management
- Human resource management
- Business intelligence management
- Business collaboration and security
- Form automation
Basically these applications intend to model the business processes, i.e., how the entire organization works. These tools work by displaying, manipulating and storing large amounts of data and automating the business processes with these data.
Most Commonly Used Enterprise Applications
Multitude of applications comes under the definition of Enterprise Applications. In this section, let us briefly cover the following applications: