- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why vitamin D is important for children and what are the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency in children?
Vitamin D is one of the best nutrients your baby needs and as a new mom, you should be aware of this.
What Is the Importance of Vitamin D?
Vitamin D Plays A major Role In
Fighting infections and strengthening the immune system
Promoting brain development
Maintaining healthy bones
Making sure the heart, muscles, and brain work efficiently
Helping the respiratory system, and
Has anti-cancer effects
Also, Vitamin D helps in regulating the levels of calcium and phosphorous and in the mineralization of bones.
Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency In Babies
General irritability or fussiness
Delayed Achievements of Milestones
Weak Immune System
Who Are at Risk?
There are some instances where children are likely to suffer from a deficiency of vitamin D.
Your child's body is not able to make sufficient vitamin D
Those who mostly stay indoors have darker skin, or who cover the skin mostly, and whose mothers suffer from a deficiency of vitamin D
Who are breastfed for a long time
Lack of vitamin D in the diet
Major Diseases Due To Vitamin D Deficiency In Children
Other Diseases: Cancer, heart diseases, infectious disorders, autoimmune diseases, and diabetics.
Pregnancy and Vitamin D Deficiency
The quantity of Vitamin D stores in the pregnant woman body has much impact on the fetus and, so, you should take vitamin D supplements throughout your pregnancy. Moreover, women who are obese are more prone to Vitamin D deficiency as compared to others.
Food Sources Of Vitamin D
Cod liver oil
Oily fish (such as purchase, herring, sardines, tuna, trout, mackerel, and salmon)
Infant formula milk
Talk to your baby's healthcare provider to find the best vitamin D supplements for your child.
- What are the symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency?
- What is deficiency disease of vitamin E, vitamin K, and phosphorus?
- Explain vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, and vitamin D.
- Fill in the blanks:(a) _____________ is caused by deficiency of Vitamin D.(b) Deficiency of _________ causes a disease known as beri-beri.(c) Deficiency of Vitamin C causes a disease known as ___________.(d) Night blindness is caused due to deficiency of ______ in our food.
- Fill in the blanks:(a) _____ is caused by a deficiency of Vitamin D.(b) Deficiency of ______ causes a disease known as beri-beri.(c) Deficiency of Vitamin C causes a disease known as ______.(d) Night blindness is caused due to deficiency of ______ in our food.
- Why Vitamin B1 is known as Vitamin B?
- Anaemia is caused due to the deficiency of _______ mineral and vitamin _______.
- What is the role of Vitamin A, C & D in the body?
- What is the use of Vitamin E?
- What is Vitamin B complex?
- What are the symptoms of Calcium Deficiency?
- Why milk doesn't contain Vitamin C?
- How is Vitamin B- complex differs from Vitamins A, C, D, E, and K?
- A Vitamin Required For Mantaing good eyesight
- Can you name some common behavioral problems, symptoms, and acts in children?