- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why do I sweat too much, Is it bad for me?
Sweating is a process through which our body maintains our body temperature. Needless to mention, how necessary it is for all of us. But some people are observed to sweat little, some more and some even more that is in excess.
While there could be various possible reasons for sweating and supposedly excessive sweating, some of these may be worth paying cautious attention.
Causes of Sweating
An intense workout in the gym.
The scorching heat of the summer season.
Physical labor in the form of household chores like washing clothes and sweeping the house.
Sweat as a response to extremely spicy foods and drinks.
Wearing tight clothes or too many clothes on the body.
While these are some of the general causes that you can take lightly; however, some other causes may need the advice of a doctor.
What Is Hyperhidrosis or Excessive Sweating?
Excessive sweating means that one sweats a lot more than one’s body needs to sweat. For example, if one sweats sitting calmly on one’s sofa, it is excessive sweating. Such a person will sweat four or five times more than normal. But it must not make us sad, as only 2% to 3% of the population have hyperhidrosis.
Two Types of Hyperhidrosis
Primary hyperhidrosis or focal hyperhidrosis causes excessive sweating in the visible areas of the body such as hands, underarms, face, and feet without any viable reason.
Secondary hyperhidrosis or generalized hyperhidrosis causes excessive sweating all over the body.
While primary hyperhidrosis may not worry as much, the patients with secondary hyperhidrosis must visit a skin specialist or a concerned doctor and get appropriate medication, else their bodies will become very dehydrated and hence, pale too at times.
- My Python program is too slow. How do I speed it up?
- Why is MongoDB taking too much time to find the record?
- What happens in villages when it rains too much?
- Why do you think privatization of education is bad?
- Why is it bad to watch TV while eating?
- I buy a T.V. for $Rs. 10,000$ and sell it at a profit of $20 %$. How much money do I get for it?
- Difference between Me Too and Time’s Up Movement
- Why eating the raw food is bad for health?
- My girlfriend never appreciates me, what should I do?
- If milk goes bad if not refrigerated, why does it not go bad inside the cow?
- Why is it considered a bad practice to omit curly braces in C/C++?
- How coal is formed? What is the use of coal and why we use it and why it takes too many years to form?