- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why do adult children hurt their parents without realizing their true love?
Once a parent is always a parent. It is the natural instinct of a parent to correct the behavior of the child and put them on the right track, and always think about the welfare of their child. The problem starts when they continue this even after the child becomes an adult and even when the children themselves become parents.
It is difficult to draw boundaries on emotional attachments. This is where the actual problem starts. 90% parents of adult children have complaints that their kids do not give enough time to their parents, does not call often, avoid parents. It is not done deliberately to hurt their parents or that they do not realize the true love of their parents. The priorities change once you become an adult.
According to Mr.Coleman, the psychologist who worked on contemporary families say that this is the result of several societal shifts in the past 50 years and the concept of nuclear families is also a major contributor. The increase in Divorce rate also matters, when parents get separated it affects the children and they lose trust in relationships.
It is the responsibility of the parents to change themselves and adapt to the changing circumstances. Let us look at one scenario where most of the parents have complaints that children rarely initiate a call, and if they call, children take days to respond. In such situations, parents have to check whether they are making too many calls to the children and disturbing them? Maybe parents can sit down and talk to them effectively and ask their son or daughter when is their free time to call and call at that time and respect their busy routine.
At the same time, even children should understand that their parents are on the verge of their life and require care and love. Children may be too busy to give them time, but even parents have little time left in their life to receive love. Children have to take time out of their routine and make sure that they are available for the parents when they need them.
These are all simple miscommunications and can be solved by a little planning and awareness from both sides.
- Why do the parents in their old age become a burden for their children?
- What are the top Reasons given by Indian Parents why their children should get Married. ASAP!
- Should parents change their mentality while dealing with their kids?
- Why do companies buyback their shares?
- How should parents handle their teenagers problems?
- Why do Indians love Dhaba food?
- Why do hackers love Public WiFi?
- How should parents help their child to choose a career?
- Why do marketers stress on particular colors to promote their products?
- What are the challenges that parents face while talking to their teenagers?
- How do plants make their own food?
- How do companies organize their finance functions?
- Why do Buddhist monks shave their heads while Gautam Budha is depicted with curls?
- Why should Muslim women cover their face or body?
- Why are humans jealous of their neighbor's success?