- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why did Michael Jackson's skin turn white as he got older?
Michael Jackson, the American singer was the heartthrob for millions of music lovers all over the world and ruled the music world for almost three decades. Apart from his great singing and unique dancing style, Jackson had some rare characteristics to make him unforgettable.
One of the notable things is cosmetic surgeries to his nose. Later in mid-1980s people started noticing his skin colour changing dramatically. He was born as a dark-skinned person in the US and by mid-90s he has turned milky white.
There are many assumptions and some truths how and why did he turn fairer as he got older.
Michael Jackson was diagnosed with the skin disorder Vitiligo, which results in white patches on the skin. He used extensive cosmetics to cover that and there are some assumptions that he has bleached his skin, to make his skin look even tone, as it became difficult to cover the dark spots.
It is also said that he had some dermatology related disorder, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, which is potentially a very serious condition, which can also cause loss of skin pigmentation.
Michael Jackson spoke openly about his vitiligo, in an interview he gave to Oprah Winfrey in 1993. He said
It is something I cannot help. When people make up stories that I don’t want to be who I am, it hurts me. It’s a problem for me. I can’t control it. But what about all the millions of people who sit in the sun to become darker, to become other than what they are. Nobody says nothing about that.
Keeping this all aside, Conspiracy theorists propose that Jackson does not have any such disease and he systematically bleached his skin using Benoquin cream and other medical cocktails in his quest to look like a white person.
- Who is Milkha Singh? Why is he known as Flying Jat?
- How to turn off TestNG's default reporters programmatically?
- Who is Kumar Vishwas? Why he is so much known as poet?
- How did Nasa's Space technology shine at Oscars 2018?
- Why did kings construct monuments?
- How to turn off transparency in Matplotlib's 3D Scatter plot?
- Why can't 'kotlin.Result' be used as a return type?
- Is it true that Subrata Roy got VIP treatment while he was in Jail?
- Why iPhone's are so costly in India?
- Why are humans jealous of their neighbor's success?
- Why did Tata sell its stakes in TCS?
- Why did Miss America end The Swimsuit Competition?
- My kid is now 2 years old and he has not got any molar, what to do?
- Why You Should Wear Purple on International Women's Day
- Why is the color red associated with Valentine's day?