- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
When a glass rod is rubbed with a piece of silk cloth the rod
$(a)$. and the cloth both acquire positive charge.
$(b)$. becomes positively charged while the cloth has a negative charge.
$(c)$. and the cloth both acquire negative charge.
$(d)$. becomes negatively charged while the cloth has a positive charge.
The correct answer is: $(b)$. becomes positively charged while the cloth has a negative charge.
Let us know how to find the nature of the charge gained by a substance when it is charged by friction with the help of the triboelectric series:
To find out which substance gains electrons and becomes negatively charged and which loses to become positively charged, there is a list known as the triboelectric series. It is a list that ranks materials according to their tendency to gain or lose electrons. The process of electron transfer as a result of two objects coming into contact with one another and then separating is called triboelectric charging.
Charges acquired by a glass rod and silk:
When we rub a glass rod with a piece of silk cloth the rod, the glass rod will acquire a positive charge, and the silk will acquire a negative charge, according to the triboelectric series.
- Rod Cutting
- Python Program for Cutting a Rod
- How to wash shoes made up of cloth at home?
- Maximum length of rod for Qth person in C++
- Program to find maximum profit by cutting the rod of different length in C++
- Maximum positive integer divisible by C and is in the range [A, B] in C++
- Minimum positive integer value possible of X for given A and B in X = P*A + Q*B in C++
- Show that the following grammar is LR (1) S → A a |b A c |B c | b B a A → d B → d
- Python a += b is not always a = a + b
- Find FIRST & FOLLOW for the following Grammar. S → A a A | B b B A → b B B → ε
- Minimum positive integer divisible by C and is not in range [A, B] in C++
- Find the last digit when factorial of A divides factorial of B in C++
- Find the minimum positive integer such that it is divisible by A and sum of its digits is equal to B in Python
- Construct a Finite Automata for the regular expression ((a+b)(a+b))*.
- Python Pandas - Create a Series with both the original index and name
- Python Pandas - Create a DataFrame with both the original index and name