What to do to keep my eyes healthy?
Your eyes are the most important organs of your body. Here are some tips to keep them healthy and make sure you are seeing your best.
Periodic Eye Checkup
- Once you cross 30, get a periodic examination done for your eyes. Have a comprehensive dilated eye exam.
- If you are diabetic there are chances of getting retina problems, Glaucoma, and macular degeneration of eyesight without any prior warning signs.
- Have a Comprehensive dilated eye exam every six months or as per your doctor's advice. It's important to know your family’s eye health history. Some of them run in genes.
- Eat not only carrots but a wholesome healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables, such as dark leafy greens and fish which are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- It is also very important to maintain a healthy weight. If you are overweight or obese, there are chances of developing eye degeneration at an early age.
- Quit smoking if you are addicted. It has been proved that smoking increases the risk of optic nerve damage, and developing age-related macular degeneration or cataract very early in your life.
Wear protective eyewear:
- Always make a habit of wearing protective eyewear like safety goggles and eye guards when you are indulged in sports, swimming and other activities.
- Wear Sunglasses when you are going out in sun. It is very important to protect your eyes from Sun's Ultraviolet rays.
- It's important to protect your eyes all the time, even while you are working by using anti-glare screen guards for your laptops and doing regular eye exercises.
Published on 02-Jan-2019 12:24:15