- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What's a food that people think is healthy but really isn't?
Nowadays people are more keen on their health improvement; making healthier food choices and skipping processed foods. But certain foods may seem like a healthier choice, whereas in reality, they may not have that nutritional capacity as we think. One such food is a salad. People usually think of salad as loaded with all the required nutrients in the right amount but there are certain limitations to it, making it very unhealthy.
Salad such as tuna, shrimp or chicken contains lots of calories and fats hidden in mayonnaise added to it. Talking about how unhealthy this seemingly nutritious food is, ingredients and size of the portion is an important point to consider.
For instance, the tuna sandwich with an over stuffing of tuna contains as high as 40 grams of fat with 700 calories in it. In case, you order a salad from a restaurant, try to get ingredients such as mayonnaise with less fat in it. Also, you should ensure that the portion size is less so as not to intake fats in quantity more than required.
Bottled Salad dressings are another form of salad that lacks nutrients in it. To avoid unhealthy dressings, the choice for adding the oil to these can help a lot in guaranteeing healthy food. However, the bottle in which the salad is stored may not be necessarily healthy. The list of ingredients will always have preservatives, sugar, flavor enhancers, coloring agents, and thickeners. It is essential to look for the bottle with a minimum number of ingredients in it.
- Related Articles
- Pizza is unhealthy but we can make it healthy by using healthy food.
- How to create a variable that can be set only once but isn't final in Java?
- Do you think Python Dictionary is really Mutable?
- 12 Signs Your Antidepressant Isn't Working
- What are healthy carbs for people with Type 2 Diabetes?
- 8 Famous People You Didn't Know Had Asperger's Syndrome
- The following is a food chain that ends with human :plants → bee → human(a) Explain how plants provide food for bees.(b) How do bees provide food for humans?(c) How does this food chain differ form a usual food chain involving human such as: plants → goat → human?(d) Do you think that the food chain given in this question can really be regarded as a food chain? Explain your answer.
- 6 Healthy Meal Delivery Services for People with Diabetes
- Does vastu really effects the people living in the house?
- What are the best new products or inventions that most people don't know about?
- Getting the next primary key without adding a new record is impossible, isn't it in MYSQL
- Is grey really a dull colour that makes us sad?
- If we denote speed by S, distance by D and time by T, the relationship between these quantities is$(a).\ S=D\times T$$(b).\ T=S/D$$(c).\ S=1/T\times D$$(d).\ S=T/D$
- What is so special about the leaves, that they can synthesize food, but other part of the plant cannot?