- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the Sudarshan Kriya of the Art of Living organization all about?
Art of living is a renowned NGO. The founder of this organization is His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. The organization offers various courses on the art to live life. They teach beneficial breathing pranayama, which has tremendous benefits for different parts of our body which they call, the Sudarshan Kriya.
The Art of Living website states various benefits of Sudarshan Kriya such as Increased mental focus, relieves anxiety and depression, increases levels of optimism, improved emotional regulation and others. It is a part of happiness program or the basic course taught by various teachers of the art of living.
Research on Sudarshan Kriya
Research by a doctor in AIIMS − Dr. Vinod Kochupillai, head of the Cancer Centre at AIIMS did a research on this breathing technique called Sudarshan Kriya in 2010. According to her, through this miraculous technique, “Negative toxins are flushed out and each cell is flooded with new life to energize body and mind. This experience of centeredness, freedom ... which influence the immune system positively and hence, the whole physiology.”
Harvard University Research − Studies conducted at Harvard, USA, revealed that 70-80 percent patients suffering from AIDS benefited from this process.
The University of Slovenia Research − The Republic of Slovenia conducted a research on patients suffering from multiple sclerosis. With Sudarshan Kriya, a tremendous improvement was seen in their stamina and mobility.
- Related Articles
- What is the "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" all about?
- What is The Prelude all about?
- What is the Mohu Airwave all about?
- What is the functional unit of the environment comprising of the living and non-living components called?
- What is the Jaipur Literature Festival all about?
- What is the significance of Great Living Chola Temples?
- What is the famous poem Kubla Khan all about?
- The practical purpose of classification of living organisms is to(a) explain the origin of living organisms(b) trace the evolution of living organisms(c) name the living organisms(d) facilitate identification of living organisms
- What are the levels of computer system organization?
- What was the Bubonic Plague all about?
- What is Stack Organization?
- What is the Temptation Scene in Absalom and Achitophel all about?
- What is Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book all about?
- Mastering the Art of Self-Management
- What are the important characteristics of Living Beings?