- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the Selenium Web Driver Architecture?
Selenium Web Driver architecture in a simplified diagram is described below:
Let us now understand the Selenium Web Driver Architecture. Selenium WebDriver API enables interaction between browsers and browser drivers. This architecture consists of four layers namely the Selenium Client Library, JSON Wire Protocol, Browser Drivers and Browsers.
Selenium Client Library consists of languages like Java, Ruby, Python, C# and so on. After the test cases are triggered, entire Selenium code will be converted to Json format.
Each browser has a specific browser driver. Browser drivers interact with its respective browsers and execute the commands by interpreting Json which they received from the browser. As soon as the browser driver gets any instructions, they run them on the browser. Then the response is given back in the form of HTTP response.
Let’s consider the following block of code −
WebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(); driver.get (“https://www.tutorialspoint.com/index.htm“);
Once we run this block of code, the entire code will be converted with the help of JSON Wire Protocol over HTTP as a URL. The converted URL will be fed to the ChromeDriver.
The browser driver utilizes HTTP server to get the request from HTTP. As the browser driver gets the URL, it passes the request to its browser via HTTP. It will trigger the event of executing the Selenium instructions on the browser.
Now if the request is that of POST, it will trigger an action on the browser. If it’s a GET request, then the response will be produced at the browser end. Finally it will be passed over HTTP to the browser driver. The browser driver will in turn send it to the UI via JSON Wire Protocol.
This sums up the overall explanation of the Selenium WebDriver Architecture.
- What is selenium web driver?
- What is Web Driver in Selenium?
- Difference between selenium RC and Web Driver?
- What is Selenium Internet Explorer Driver or IE Driver?
- Get text using selenium web driver in python?
- How to get userAgent information in Selenium Web driver?
- How to get text with selenium web driver in python?
- How to run selenium (Firefox) web driver without a GUI?
- What is the command used to register gecko driver in Selenium?
- How to run Selenium web driver from a Python CGI script?
- Using Selenium Web Driver to retrieve value of a HTML input.
- What are the pre-conditions for Selenium Internet Explorer Driver or IE Driver?
- What are the most basic steps to write a web driver script?
- The Architecture of Selenium WebDriver.
- What is the VLIW Architecture?