- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to get text with selenium web driver in python?
We can extract text of an element with a selenium webdriver. This is done with the help of a text method. It fetches the text in an element which can be later validated.
First we need to identify the element with the help of any locators. Suppose we want to get the text of an element in below page.
from selenium import webdriver driver = webdriver.Chrome (executable_path="C:\chromedriver.exe") # maximize with maximize_window() driver.maximize_window() driver.get("https://www.tutorialspoint.com/index.htm") # identify element l=driver.find_element_by_css_selector("h4") # get text and print print("Text is: " + l.text) driver.close()
- Related Articles
- Get text using selenium web driver in python?
- How to get userAgent information in Selenium Web driver?
- What is selenium web driver?
- What is Web Driver in Selenium?
- How to run selenium (Firefox) web driver without a GUI?
- Difference between selenium RC and Web Driver?
- What is the Selenium Web Driver Architecture?
- How to get innerHTML of whole page in selenium driver?
- Using Selenium Web Driver to retrieve value of a HTML input.
- Which programming language is better for writing Selenium web driver scripts, Python or Java?
- How to setup Chrome driver with Selenium on MacOS?
- How to use text() in xpath in Selenium with python?
- How to get Tooltip Text in Selenium Webdriver?