- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the objectives of Access Control in information security?
Access control is a data security procedure that allows organizations to handle who is authorized to access corporate information and resources. Secure access control uses policies that tests users are who they claim to be and provide proper control access levels are granted to users.
An Access Control system generally involves locked gates, doors or barriers which can be opened utilizing identity authentication methods such RFID access cards, pin codes, face recognition, finger prints or smartphones to enable entry to a building or specific area.
Access control includes data and physical access protections that strengthen cybersecurity by handling user authentication to systems. Managing access defines setting and enforcing proper user authorization, authentication, role-based access control policies (RBAC), attribute-based access control policies (ABAC).
The basic goals of access control is to preserve and secure the confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility of information, systems, and resources. Some person confuse confidentiality with integrity. Confidentiality defines the assurance that only authorized individuals are able to view and access information and systems.
Integrity defines securing the data from unauthorized modification. It can have confidentiality without integrity. It is essential that only the right people have access to the data, but it is also significant that the data is the right data, and not data that have been transformed either accidentally or on purpose.
Availability is absolutely less confusing than confidentiality or integrity. While data and resources need to be protected, they also required to be accessible and available in a timely way. If it can have to open 10 locked safes to acquire an element of data, the data is not applicable in a timely fashion. While availability can view obvious, it is essential to acknowledge that it is a goal so that security is not overdone to the point where the data is of no need to anyone.
Access control further derivative into the authentication, authorization and audit of a client for a session. Access control authentication devices evolved to contains id and password, digital certificates, security tokens, smart cards and biometrics. Access control authorization meanwhile evolved into Role based Access Control (RBAC).
RBAC collects some access permissions a user required to complete their job service, both explicitly outlined and implicitly required, and can be inherited through a hierarchy. An individual role can use to one user or a team of users.
Under RBAC, it can assign users access depends on their job functions. Hence, people in the marketing agencies have access to the networks, systems, and applications they required to do their jobs. This can involve the customer relationship management (CRM) application, corporate blog, social media accounts, folders that marketing needs in a shared drive, and the collaboration tool.
- Related Articles
- What is an Access Control in Information Security?
- What is Mandatory access control in information security?
- What is a Visitor Control in Information Security?
- What is the importance of Security Information Management in information security?
- What is the principles of database security in information security?
- What is the need of database security in information security?
- What is Physical Security in information security?
- What is Security Management in Information Security?
- What is Database Security in information security?
- What is Security Model in information security?
- What is information classification in information security?
- What is Information Security?
- What is the Hashing in Information Security?
- What Is Network Security Management in information security?
- What is Mobile Database Security in information security?