- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the importance of Security Information Management in information security?
Security information management is a type of software that automates the collection of event log data from security devices, such as firewalls, proxy servers, intrusion detection systems, and anti-virus software. The goals of Security Information Management are to avoid interruptions to business events and provide the correct and secure services of computer and network facilities.
Information technology is not only the necessity of our lives but it has more essential for our business as well. The essential asset of an organization is Information and to provide confidentiality and integrity of the valuable and important information and operational procedure in an organization, the demand for information security enhance regularly.
Our globe is changing from a modern economy to an automated society rapidly and with the promotion of information technology, cyberattacks have also appeared as a major risk to persons, businesses, and governments alike. It is an essential fact that cybersecurity challenges us in a method that no threat has faced previously.
In a progressive environment that is more co-dependent, data is defined to a large number and multiple types of risks. Threats including computer hacking, malicious code, and denial-of-service (dos) attacks have realized more common. The implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of information security is a major challenge for a company to face.
In information security, an organization can secure information and technology by responding, avoiding, and identifying internal and outside threats. Information security approaches are the responsibility of both IT and senior administration. It is essential for the support of the InfoSec methods that all the employees in the organization should be familiar with these information security issues with appropriate training and initiative.
With a large occurrence of severe threats and attacks on information assets, IT security has developed into a priority at the organization’s largest levels. In addition to mitigating threats to mission-critical network systems, enterprises should also observe a broad range of federal and industry regulations that needed them to execute and check the validity of security information management controls.
In a network of any size, the Security Information Management will be dealing with a high bulk of data. It can be accurately where and how the data is processed will be the key to understanding whether a specific Security Information Management can maintain up with the data produced by the network.
Security Information Management has two elements for the creation and presentation of data such as the Security Information Management device itself and a dashboard software running on a remote department. If some data is processed in the appliance or the dashboard department, performance can become a problem when network traffic or incidents become large in density.
- What is Security Management in Information Security?
- What Is Network Security Management in information security?
- What is Security Metrics Management in information security?
- What is Management Information System in information security?
- How does Security Information Management Works in information security?
- What is Risk Management in Information Security?
- What is Key Management in Information Security?
- What are the advantages of Information Management Security?
- What are the disadvantages of Information Management Security?
- What is Information Security?
- What is Physical Security in information security?
- What is Database Security in information security?
- What is Security Model in information security?
- What is information classification in information security?
- What is the principles of database security in information security?