- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Information Security?
Information security is a set of practices designed to carry private data secure from unauthorized access and alteration for the duration of storing or transmitting from one location to another.
Information security is designed and carried out to protect the print, digital, and other private, sensitive, and private data from unauthorized persons. It can be used to secure data from being misused, acknowledgment, destruction, alteration, and disruption.
Computer networks are connected in daily transactions and communication inside the government, private, or corporates that needs security. The most common and easy method of protecting network support is assigning it with a unique name and a corresponding password. The network security includes −
Protection − The user needs to be capable of configuring their devices and networks accurately.
Detection − The user should detect whether the configuration has been modified or get a notification if there are some issues in the network traffic.
Reaction − After detecting the issues, the user should acknowledge them and should return to a protected position as rapidly as available.
Network security works with more than one layer of protection at the edge and in among the network. All the security layers implement some techniques and follow specified policies. Only the authorized users will get access to the network resources, and the unauthorized users will be blocked from guiding exploits and malicious activities.
There are various services of information security which are as follows −
Message Confidentiality − Message confidentiality or privacy defines that the sender and the receiver expect confidentiality. The transmitted message should make sense to only the predetermined receiver. When a user connects with the bank, they predict that the communication is completely confidential.
Message Integrity − Message integrity defines that the data should appear at the receiver accurately as they were sent. There should be no changes for the duration of the transmission, neither by chance nor maliciously. As increasingly monetary exchanges appear over the web, integrity is crucial.
Message Authentication − Message authentication is a service that furthers message integrity. In message authentication the receiver is required to be certain of the sender's identity and that an imposter has not sent the message.
Message Nonrepudiation − Message nonrepudiation defines that a sender should not be able to deny sending a message that they send. The burden of data falls on the receiver.
Entity Authentication − In entity authentication, the entity or user is documented previous to access to the system resources. For instance, a student who is required to access the university resources is required to be authenticated during the logging phase. This is to assure the interests of the university and the student.
- What is Physical Security in information security?
- What is Security Management in Information Security?
- What is Database Security in information security?
- What is Security Model in information security?
- What is information classification in information security?
- What is the importance of Security Information Management in information security?
- What Is Network Security Management in information security?
- What is Mobile Database Security in information security?
- What is Security Metrics Management in information security?
- What is Management Information System in information security?
- What is Global information system in information security?
- What is SIM in information security?
- What is the Information Security Risk?
- What is MAN in Information Security?
- What is WAN in Information Security?