- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the link between Phi and the Golden Ratio?
Phi is the basis for the Golden Ratio, Section or Mean. The value of Phi ( Φ ) is 1.618033988749895. It has many unusual mathematical properties.
The Golden ratio is a special number found by dividing a line into two parts so that the longer part divided by the smaller part is also equal to the whole length divided by the longer part. It is often symbolized using phi, after the 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
The ratio or proportion, determined by Phi (1.618 …) was known to the Greeks as the “dividing a line in the extreme and mean ratio” and to Renaissance artists as the “Divine Proportion” It is also called the Golden Section, Golden Ratio, and the Golden Mean.
There are some classic examples of Golden Ratio.
The Monalisa Painting
Monalisa's Face is a perfect Golden Rectangle according to the ratio of the width of her forehead compared to the length of the top of her forehead to the chin.
The Great Egyptian Pyramids
The Taj Mahal
- Difference between Golden Handshake and Golden Parachute
- What is the difference between URL and Link?
- What is the link between Strategy and Capital Budgeting?
- What constitutes the link between one generation and the next?
- What is the ratio between 50 seconds and 10 minutes?
- What is the golden rule for complimentary feeding?
- What is the difference between Point to Point Link and Star Topology Network?
- Difference between oracle golden gate and oracle active guard in the oracle
- Difference Between Hard link and Soft link
- Ratio between the sides of two squares is 2: 5: find the ratio between their perimeter and area
- The ratio between the areas of two circles is 16:9. Find the ratio between their radii, diameters and circumferences.
- What is the data link layer?
- Difference Between Link and Association
- What is the challenges of link mining?
- What are the golden rules for handling your money?