- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between oracle golden gate and oracle active guard in the oracle
Oracle golden gate and oracle active data guard is the data replication technologies. They both are used for data replication but with different strategy.
As per the oracle docs −
Oracle Active Data Guard provides the best data protection and availability for Oracle Database in the simplest most economical manner by maintaining an exact physical replica of the production copy at a remote location that is open read-only while replication is active.
GoldenGate is an advanced logical replication product that supports multi-master replication, hub and spoke deployment and data transformation, providing customers very flexible options to address the complete range of replication requirements. GoldenGate also supports replication between a broad range of heterogeneous hardware platforms and database management systems.
|Sr. No.||Key||Oracle Golden Gate||Oracle Data Guard|
Data replication can be happened only heterogeneous database platforms
Data replication can be happened only homogeneous database platforms
It supports multimaster and bidirectional support
of a complete Oracle Database
It does not support data types such as XML and blob.
Transparency of backups
Only DATA which are replicated are similar to each other. It does not have transparency of backup
An Oracle Data Guard ,primary and standby are physically exact copies of each other.
No performance implication
It has performance issue, if table does not has primary key
- Difference between Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c
- Difference between Oracle and SQL Server
- Difference between logical and physical standby database in the oracle
- Cursors in Oracle DBMS
- Functions in Oracle DBMS
- Attach data from SAP system using Oracle Web Logic and Oracle Enterprise Service Bus
- Overview of Packages in Oracle
- Oracle Database Connection in Python
- How to PIVOT results in Oracle?
- How to UNPIVOT results in Oracle?
- How to find and replace text in Oracle?
- How to insert and retrieve dates in Oracle ?
- Database wars mssql server oracle plsql and mysql
- How to change the JOIN order in Oracle?
- How to change the JOIN Method in Oracle ?