- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the career prospect in drone technology?
Jobs in drone technology-driven enterprises are the jobs of the future because drones are going to play a very crucial role across a large number of industries in future. Many youngsters think that jobs in the drone domain involve just engineering and technological openings but the fact is there are many other openings which don't require you to be a technological wizard.
This is one specialization that is already opening up many opportunities for youngsters. Drones are finding application in different sectors like mining, security services including private security for industrial and commercial assets, disaster management, logistics and many others. The application areas are only going to increase in the months and years ahead and the early entrants will enjoy the headstart.
Use In Defense
The Indian economy which is the fastest growing major economy has a vibrant homegrown drone technology development industry for both commercial and defense applications. At the same time, the Indian defense establishment and many businesses are importing drones in very large numbers making India the largest importer of drones with around 23% of drone imports globally.
This has already created many opportunities and with future growth expected to rise sharply, job opportunities in this sector will also rise proportionately.
Who Will Be Required?
Engineering graduates and science graduates who have majored in physics with IT qualifications will be preferred more than others, at least, at this stage when the job opportunities are mainly in the drone technology development segment. The real opportunities will open up when the logistics and other commercial players start using drones to deliver last mile services.
Drone piloting jobs will increase exponentially when many sectors like food processing, packaging and e-commerce will start growing faster. Presently, just 10% of India's farm output is processed; when this will double or treble in a few years, packaging will accompany this growth followed by e-commerce and logistics. That's when drone piloting opportunities will shoot up exponentially.
- How Technology can Boost your Career
- What is Blackberry Technology?
- What is block chain technology?
- What is Touchless Touchscreen Technology?
- What is mesh wireless technology?
- What are the career prospects in VFX?
- What is meant by blue eyes technology?
- 5G Technology: What is, How Does It Work
- World’s First Passenger Drone is Here
- What can you use a personal drone for?
- What are the types of Transmission Technology?
- What is the future of Selenium Automation testing, as a career option?
- What are the different IT Career courses in India?
- What is ghostwriting and what are the job prospects if I embrace it as a career?
- What are the advantage of RFID technology in information security?