- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What can you use a personal drone for?
When drones were growing in popularity in the early stages of their evolution, their only real use at the personal level was leisure and entertainment. They were expensive toys for teenage kids more than anything else. It was the US military that is really responsible for nurturing drone technology to meet some of their objectives strictly within the military sphere.
Used But Not Largely Personal
It wasn't till some smart entrepreneur thought of using this innocuous-looking UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) more meaningfully by adding value to his services. There's really no scope of personal use of drone technology other than entertainment and even there, the options are limited because of citizens' privacy concerns.
Very Helpful In Farming
Let's imagine certain scenarios where individuals could be using drone tech to enhance their income potential. Farming is one sector where drones can be a big help in sowing and spraying as well as for monitoring and surveillance. Now for a farmer, the farm is personal to him and at the same time, it is his source of livelihood.
More of Commercial
So, use of a drone by a farmer is not really personal since it has a major commercial consideration. Similarly, if a courier operator decides to use drone tech to deliver small packages it's his personal decision at one level but the objective is mainly commercial and so it can't be considered personal.
Use for others
Let's take the case of a pipeline contractor. His team has to operate in remote locations where communication is critical. While mobile phones do their job quite well in helping people communicate, the contractor may like to get an independent update on progress in operations. He might even like to get a better idea of the topography of the land and use drone tech to photograph the entire stretch of land over which his pipeline will pass.
Pipelines can stretch for hundreds of miles. Here again, it's both a personal choice but with an overriding commercial consideration. Honestly, personal use of drone tech is entirely up to the user since it's very much in the domain of innovation; the user must figure out how best to use it.
- What is a Personal Firewall? (Personal Firewall vs. Regular Firewall)
- What material you use for making wicks for oil lamps?
- What is the career prospect in drone technology?
- What steps would you suggest for the judicious use of fuels?
- What are some creams men can use for beard?
- Difference between Personal Income and Personal Disposable Income
- Personal database
- Why you must use twitter for networking
- Can you use a switch statement around an enum in Java?
- How do you use a ‘for loop’ for accessing array elements in C#?
- World’s First Passenger Drone is Here
- How can you use plastic without harming the environment?
- Can you use both this() and super() in a constructor in Java?
- What are some quick but significant laws you can suggest for women?
- Can you now ask Amazon Alexa to make playlists for you?