- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is overthinking and how to overcome it?
The thought process is an integral part of our brain. But, it becomes an issue when we are a victim of overthinking. Overthinking is a process of repeatedly thinking about any incident, relationship, a person or an incident owing to the fact that it brought a drastic change in life for a long period of time. Psychologists strongly believe that over-thinking is a cause for demotivation, anxiety, stress, and depression. Following are some points that can help reduce over-thinking:
Avoid Social Media
Over-thinking, generally, is associated with a particular person or event. Hence, it is important that we avoid social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and apps like Instagram and Whatsapp on Phone. Stick mostly to SMS and Calls. This helps in eliminating negative thoughts from the mind.
Have an intense work schedule
Follow the old saying work is worship because work helps in making your own self better. When you understand that you are a victim of overthinking, opt for a rigorous and arduous work schedule where you have different targets and deadline to be met. This helps in keeping your thoughts focused on work targets and gives no scope to think about anything else.
Involve in Physical Exercise
Getting yourself involved in exercises, yoga, meditation, dance, gymnastics, etc. develop better mental-physical coordination. It keeps you in good health. Physical exercise boosts your cognitive power and also helps you get tired and exhausted physically to get a good sleep. This helps mainly to avoid insomnia that develops due to over thinking.
Travel and Befriend New People
Exploring a new place can be the best form of education and rejuvenation. Traveling new places break the monotonous schedule and boredom which actually seeps the thoughts of overthinking. Meet new people and befriend them. Learning about new people, their culture, traditions, personalities, etc. give a glimpse into the diversity of the world.
Give Time for Reflection
Every day build a habit of writing what went well and what could have gone better. This is the reflective practice that keeps us on the track on continuous improvement. Hence, you are on the path of developing your weaknesses and keeping up the strengths that shape you into an individual on the path of excellence.
- What is Anxiety Neurosis and how to overcome it?
- How to overcome depression and anxiety?
- What leads to poverty in society and how to overcome that?
- What is SignalR and how to use it?
- What is Bluesnarfing and how to prevent it?
- What is CIDR and how it works?
- How to overcome pregnancy depression?
- What is computer illiteracy and How to treat it
- What is CryptoLocker Ransomware and How to Remove it?
- What is Proprietary Information and How to Protect It?
- What is a nebula and how is it formed?
- What is postpartum depression and how is it treated?
- What is aqua yoga and how effective is it?
- What is AAA rating and how is it useful?