- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Keratin and where do we find?
Keratin is the fibrous protein that acts as a structural building block for hair, skin, nails, horns, and claws. Keratin is found in a wide range of species ranging from soft flexible skin to hooves and claws. This proves that keratin can be both strong and delicate based on the requirements of the body.
Keratin is the protein that protects epithelial cells from damage or stress. Damaging the outer layer of keratin can affect the new cells, as there is no protective layer above them.
Most commonly, keratin is associated with hair. People who are beauty conscious and care about their hair are familiar with Keratin.
What does Keratin do
When the hair undergoes some physical or chemical damage, the keratin in hair is depleted. The loss of keratin exposes the hair’s cortex, making it susceptible to additional damage. Loss of keratin results in Dry and damaged hair.
The damage to the hair can be revised with a keratin hair treatment. The keratin treatment helps in smoothening of the hair and it also fills in the damage of cuticle layer present in our hair.
A keratin treatment is done by creating barriers from heat and humidity, hence it provides a perfectly healthy hair and does not tamper with the natural curl or frizzy hair of yours.
It restores the elasticity and strength which gives the hair, youthful and healthy appearance.
Are Keratin Treatments Safe?
There’s been a lot of speculations about the hair treatment. Not all treatments are harmful and not all treatments are healthy. The formaldehyde content in the keratin treatment has to be checked and verified before being taken. There are a lot of safer options available in the market for getting a keratin shot done.
- Where do we use jQuery.noConflict() method?
- What is BGP and why do we need it?
- Where can we find Blue Whales?
- Where do we use $.extend() method in jQuery?
- Where do we use scope Resolution Operator (::) in C#?
- What is Ashwagnadha and where is it largely found?
- Where do we maintain Print programs, routines and forms to be printed in Transaction QM02?
- What are native methods in Java and where should we use them?
- What is EOFException in Java? How do we handle it?
- What is InputMisMatchException in Java how do we handle it?
- Where do sunfish live? How big is this fish?
- Where is World Bank situated and what are its functions?
- What is loose coupling how do we achieve it using Java?
- Where do I find the current C or C++ standard documents?
- What do we need to do to join Indian Army?