- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Internet Privacy in information security?
Internet privacy defines the huge range of technologies, protocols and concepts related to providing individual users or other parties more privacy protections in their use of the global Internet. Internet privacy takes several forms, such as mandatory privacy statements on websites, data sharing controls, data transparency initiatives, etc. Internet privacy is also called as online privacy.
Internet privacy is a main problem today. Privacy over the Internet has enhanced some ethical problems, which is needed to be dealt with. While catering to the privacy requirements of the Internet users, it is needed to executing certain ethics.
Privacy can define ambiguity in case a person would like to remain anonymous. Privacy can also be related to the security element of an individual or information. The representation of privacy can fluctuate across individuals and cultures. The assault of privacy can be averted by the term of privacy laws.
With Internet, hosting a huge information base, a new concept has evolved - information privacy. The data on the web has security requirements. Unauthorized access to information is unrequired. Data privacy points to the association between technology and the legal rights that appear with it.
Whenever some information concerning a person or a person’s data is saved, privacy requirements increase. Internet privacy is the control one has over what data concerning oneself, the person would like to disclose. Internet privacy deals with handling the access to data on the Internet.
Internet privacy appears on the scene when it appears to website users providing out their individual details on the Internet. For sure websites, which provide online shopping, the users are create to input their credit card numbers. In case of e-mailing sites, there are concerns about whether third parties should be allowed to save or read e-mails without informed consent.
Internet privacy can be computed as a division of computer privacy. Computer privacy includes the data privacy linking to the escaping of the improper revelation of the personally identifiable data composed and saved by websites. The effective sharing of information while defensing the private data is the real confront.
Complete secrecy is not the goal of Internet privacy. It intends to accomplish a controlled revelation of one’s personal data. Internet is a network of networks and when a person accesses the Internet, it connects to it and is recognized by an address. In technological terms this address is known as IP address.
For security reasons, a website can desire to track these addresses of its users. Websites can gather the non-personally particular data of their users. Such information is the one, which in no approach can be used to exclusively recognize a person. The revelation of these forms of data is satisfactory. It is in fact the means by which websites track the user web actions.
- What is Privacy in information security?
- What are the related terms for Privacy in Information Security?
- What are the privacy aspects of RFID in information security?
- What are the privacy aspects of SOA in information security?
- What is the role of Internet and Web Service in Information Security?
- What is Information Security?
- What is Physical Security in information security?
- What is Security Management in Information Security?
- What is Database Security in information security?
- What is Security Model in information security?
- What is information classification in information security?
- What is the difference between Privacy and Security?
- What Is Network Security Management in information security?
- What is Mobile Database Security in information security?
- What is Security Metrics Management in information security?