- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is gestational diabetes? Why is it caused?
Gestational diabetes is the rise in blood sugar levels during pregnancy. Even a woman is diagnosed with Diabetes during pregnancy can still have a healthy baby with proper monitoring of the blood sugar levels.
After your baby is born, gestational diabetes normally vanishes. During pregnancy, the placenta secretes hormones that can cause the formation of glucose in your blood. Normally, your pancreas can make sufficient insulin to manage that. If not, your blood sugar levels will move up and can cause gestational diabetes.
You were overweight before you got pregnant; additional weight makes it difficult for insulin management
You put on weight very faster during your pregnancy.
You had gestational diabetes in a former pregnancy
You gave birth to a baby weighing higher than 9 pounds
You have a circumstance called polycystic ovary syndrome
Gestational diabetes normally takes place in the second half of pregnancy. Your doctor will examine to observe if you are going through gestational diabetes between weeks 24 and 28 of your pregnancy. Your doctor may examine shortly if you're at high danger. Gestational diabetes normally begins in the starting of the third trimester.
However, if you have some dangerous factors, your doctor may suggest an initial glucose test around the end of the first trimester and provide some medications.
- What is fistula? How is it caused?
- How to prevent gestational diabetes?
- What are the effects of gestational diabetes on the baby?
- What are the diet restrictions for a woman with gestational diabetes?
- What is CSS and why it is used?
- What is HTML5 IndexedDB and why it is used?
- What is training? When and why it is needed?
- What is Selenium and why is it chosen extensively?
- What is .git folder and why is it hidden?
- What is cyber hygiene, and why is it important?
- What is data mining and why is it important
- What is Vestigial side band modulation? Why is it used?
- What is Basant/Vasant Panchami and why it is celebrated?
- What Is the Kyoto Protocol and Why Is It Important?
- What is AMBUSH Marketing? Why is it known as surprise attack?