- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is colon cancer and how can we avoid it?
Colon cancer is the third most common cancer in the U.S. with a whopping 140,000 people diagnosed each year with this deadly disease. At the onset of the disease, there are small polyps that develop on the walls of the large intestine. These cancerous polyps have the power to spread to other parts of the body.
Symptoms may not occur until a later stage; however, in cases where the symptoms are early gastrointestinal issues are commonly noticed. Blood in the stool, weight loss, fatigue, and change in the bowel movements are some of the signs and symptoms of colon cancer. But the best part is that with a few lifestyle changes and careful steps colon cancer can be avoided.
Get a thorough checkup done
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms that point to the possibility of colon cancer, it's better to get yourself checked up on a regular basis.
Ensure to choose healthy food over junk and spicy food. Avoid eating red meat, or anything that can cause a gastrointestinal disturbance.
Reduce Alcohol Intake
Moderate your alcohol intake to heart-healthy levels that are, up to one drink per day for women and up to two drinks per day for men.
If you smoke, stop today to stay away from 14 different types of cancer along with heart diseases, stroke, or emphysema.
Avoid Being Overweight
Indulge in some kind of physical activity for a minimum of 30 minutes a day to maintain your weight to a healthy level and stay away from obesity.
Get Ample Vitamins and Calcium
Getting enough Calcium, and Vitamin D is one of the safest routes to prevent colon cancer. You can also consider having a multivitamin with folate daily (as prescribed by the physician) to reduce the colon cancer risks.
- What is spear phishing and how can you avoid it?
- How to avoid early breast cancer?
- How can we avoid a deadlock in Java?
- What is MySQL LEFT JOIN and how can we write MySQL query for it?
- What is MySQL RIGHT JOIN and how can we write MySQL query for it?
- What is the cause of NoSuchElementException and how can we fix it in java?
- What is interpolation and how can we implement it in the SciPy Python library?
- Can a microwave cause cancer?
- What Is Doxing and How Can You Prevent It?
- What is Bloatware and how can you remove it?
- What is BGP and why do we need it?
- What is SciPy and why should we use it?
- What is the reason behind Naxalism in India and how can we get rid of it?
- What is MySQL UNIQUE constraint and how can we apply it to the field of a table?
- How can we avoid compilation errors in JShell in Java 9?