It is very irritating to have caught an infection and have a bad throat. One has to clear throat again and again which creates trouble not only in conversing with one another but also with conducting important meetings.
1. Black pepper: Black pepper is very beneficial in curing bad throat. One can sprinkle powdered black pepper in soups, salads and even hot ‘dal’. One other way of adding it to the ‘dal’ would be using it whole in the tempering of the ‘dal’.
2. Ginger and Honey: This mixture cures bad throat. Grate ginger and take out its juice. Mix it with honey and consume repeatedly.
3. Green Tea: Green tea is a very useful remedy for curing bad throat. Packed with antioxidants, the green tea is a useful drink to cure I'll throat infection.
4. Tulsi Tea: Tulsi has antibacterial properties which treat different types of infections. Make tulsi tea or consume tulsi raw with hot water.
5. Hot Lemon Water: Lemon is very rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants which makes it suitable to consume in chilly winters especially when one is suffering from a bad throat.
6. Cloves: Add cloves in your diet as much as possible. Use it whole in Rice, ‘Dal’ or ground in them. These will treat the infection.
7. Cinnamon: Boil cinnamon sticks in water and consume the filtered water. It is again a powerful tonic to treat such ailments.
8. Papaya, Cheeku: These fruits are not too sour. So, they help in treatment, not the throat infection. But they should not be consumed chilled.
These food items may help in treating the ailment soon and healing the throat infection if any.