- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the symptoms of Calcium Deficiency?
Calcium levels may drop because of certain Genetic Disorders. Lack of Calcium may not manifest any short-term symptoms since body keeps up calcium levels by taking it specifically from the bones. If for a long duration of time body suffers low calcium levels, it may lead to calcium deficiency related ailments which have to be treated.
- Bone fracture
- Tetany - leading to carpopedal spasm.
- Weak and brittle nails
- Mental confusion or hallucination
- Muscle spasms and cramps
- Seizures , tremors , depression
- Bradycardia , prolonged QT interval
- Paresthesia , especially in fingers
- Slower hair growth and
- Thin skin
Diet − Consume foods rich in calcium like milk, yogurt, sesame seeds, green leafy vegetables and so on.
Drugs − Intake of calcium supplements like calcium carbonate, calcium phosphate and calcium citrate
- What are the symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency?
- Why are women more prone to Calcium Deficiency?
- Why vitamin D is important for children and what are the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency in children?
- What are the symptoms of acute anaemia?
- What are the causes and symptoms of Proteinuria?
- What are the symptoms and causes of neurological disorders?
- What are the problems created due to excess calcium?
- What is Anorexia? What are its symptoms?
- What are the symptoms of bird flu which should not be ignored?
- What are the natural ways to improve Calcium levels in the body?
- What is Neuroendocrine Tumor? What are its symptoms and treatment?
- What causes low calcium levels in the body?
- What happens when serum calcium level drops?
- What are the signs and symptoms you should look for after the baby's birth?
- Cyber Attack Symptoms