- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the natural sources of protein?
Proteins are the large and complex organic molecular blocks made up of amino acids that are helpful for the structure and functioning of our body. There are many sources of protein such as fruits, sprouts, eggs, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods.
There are many vegetables that help in building-up the protein content in your body. Leafy Vegetables such as Spinach, Kale, Broccoli, Parsley, Cabbage etc. are rich in protein as well as calcium, fiber, and folic acid being low in fat. Many other vegetables such as Cauliflower, Onions, Tomatoes, Corn, Mushrooms, Green pepper, Cucumbers etc. are also high in protein.
Sprouts are a good source of protein, fiber, and carbohydrates. The sprouts of alfalfa, soy, chickpea, Mung beans etc. when added to your regular diet, provides a good amount of protein and fiber which helps in digestion, boosts the immune system, prevents anemia, boosts body metabolism, helps in weight management, reduces heart risks and even protects against cancer.
Many fruits such as Guavas, Bananas, Muskmelons, Pomegranate, Strawberries, Oranges, Watermelon, Jackfruit, Kiwi fruit, Mulberries, Blackberries, Starfruits, Apricots, Cherries, Kumquats, Nectarines, Peaches, Raspberries, Passionfruit, Red currents, Honeydew melon, Avocados are good sources of protein.
Nuts such as Almonds are a well-known source of protein. They contain protein, fiber, vitamin E, manganese, magnesium etc. Other nuts such as Cashews and Pistachios are also a rich source of protein.
Whole eggs are the most nutritious and healthiest food being the most popular rich source of protein. One egg has 75 calories and 7 grams of protein. Though healthy fat content is also high, the unhealthy saturated fat content is low. Eggs are rich in disease-fighting nutrients and hence makes a wholesome food.
So, don’t think of the debating whether an egg is vegetarian or non-vegetarian, but just have an egg every day for your perfect health.
Core Non-Vegetarian Foods
The popular meaty foods such as Beef, Chicken-breast, White-meat turkey, Pork and seafood like varieties of fish, shrimp etc. are rich sources of protein. All of these foods help you build a perfect body with better health, as they contain many nutrients and vitamins.
- What are the best protein sources for pure vegan?
- What are the Sources of Natural and Artificial Light?
- What are the five main sources of electrical energy?
- What are the Sources and Uses of Funds Statements?
- What are the Sources and Uses of Cash Flow?
- What are Protein mats? How are they helpful to the environment?
- What are the sources of fund in finance and accounting?
- What are the criteria for selecting the data sources?
- What are the health benefits of protein bars? Do they replace your breakfast?
- What are some natural Contraceptives?
- Sources of Electromotive Force (EMF)
- Comparison of Different Light Sources
- What the advantages of being a natural beauty?
- What are the natural ways to improve Calcium levels in the body?
- What are the natural ways to dry hair quickly and naturally?