- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the most common mental illnesses?
The modern-day way of living is delivering a lot of mental illnesses to all of us which started creeping into our lives making us believe that all of them are quite common. To be frank, none of them is a common psychological activity that we are taking granted, unfortunately!
What Is Mental Illness?
The changes that are found to be abnormal in thinking, emotion or behavior where psychological health conditions are affected can be understood as some Mental Illness. Such a condition usually occurs when a person gets affected by the social, work, personal and family activities.
Some of the most common Mental disorders of the present day are:
Call it Clinical depression or Major depression or maybe Major depressive disorder. Whatever the name it takes, this has been conquering half of today’s generation, in its venomous claws. Though seems to be a common thing, it is characterized by persistent depressed mood and loss of interest in any activity, finally leading to extreme conditions like losing lives, being a major problem prevailing in today’s society.
This is also a common present-day mental disorder that is identified by fear, worry, and anxiety that is so strong to affect the mental peace severely. This condition often results in other ailments like nervous weakness, thyroid, piles, skin diseases and other hormonal imbalances.
Other Common Disorders
The remaining commonly occurring mental disorders are the following:
Bipolar Disorders: Mood swings from depressive lows to maniac highs.
Hyperactivity Disorder: Being unable to pay attention, hyperactive nature resulting in impulsiveness. Also known as Attention Deficit.
Dementia: Severe memory loss caused by thinking and social symptoms
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Called as OCD where the obsessions which mean excessive thoughts lead to repetitive behaviors which are compulsions.
Schizophrenia: Inability to think, feel and act clearly.
Paranoia: Unjustified suspicion and mistrust of other people.
Autism: Development disorder that impairs the ability to communicate and interact.
Post-traumatic Disorder: Failing to recover from terrifying incidents.
Phobias and Manias: Having extreme fear or having extreme obsession are also mental disorders.
- Related Articles
- What are the most common teenage problems?
- What are the 5 most common teenage problems? what are the solutions?
- What are the most common Eavesdropping attack (Sniffing) techniques?
- What are the two most common defects of vision (or defects of eye)? How are they corrected?
- What are most common elevator-related issues that employees face in office buildings?
- The Most Common Email Marketing Mistakes
- Name the most common fire extinguisher.
- How many times did you fall ill in the last one year? What were the illnesses?(a) Think of one change you could make in your habits in order to avoid any of/most of the above illnesses.(b) Think of one change you would wish for in your surroundings in order to avoid any of/most of the above illnesses.
- What is the Most Common Structure for a Digital Marketing Team?
- Mental Health Vs. Mental Illness
- What is the most common way of expressing the concentration of a solution?
- The most Common POSIX System Calls in Python
- 5 Most Common Issues with the CAPA Process
- Python - Most common Combination in Matrix
- What are common factors and common multiples?