- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the health benefits of brown bread?
How can one ascertain the nutritional value of brown bread over white bread? This is an often asked question. To understand this and to arrive at a decisive stand one must first assess the nutritional value of brown bread and it's health benefits to its consumers.
Brown bread is a staple diet made of whole wheat flour and available in the market for consumption. People are becoming aware of the health benefits of brown bread because of its nutritional and other benefits.
Brown bread is made up of a combination of whole wheat flour, molasses or coffee. It can be consumed either as a snack or a meal. It is essentially fortified with many nutrients like vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin B, Riboflavin, Thiamine, Niacin, folate, carbohydrates, Folic Acid, Magnesium, and fiber.
Healthy diet option
Owing to its low-calorie count approximately 20 calories of fat, Consuming brown bread helps in maintaining a healthy weight. It lowers blood pressure and obesity risks are minimal.
Brown bread is rich in fiber content as the wheat germ and the bran is not removed or lost in its processing. Hence, the fibrous content ascertains easy digestion and helps in regular bowel movement thus ensuring one’s system healthy and fit.
Low Glycemic Index
Brown bread consumption poses very little risk to diabetics, cardiac patient and obese people as it has a low glycemic index. There are no additive sugars in processing brown bread which amounts to its low glycemic index. Eating brown bread can keep a check on diabetes and lower risk of cardiovascular diseases or obesity. Furthermore, brown bread is more satiating and filling and tends to keep one active and healthy.
- Related Articles
- What are the health benefits of tamarind?
- What are the health benefits of lettuce?
- What are the health benefits of Ashwagnadha?
- What are the health benefits of Clove?
- What are the health benefits of spinach?
- What are the health benefits of capsicum?
- What are the health benefits of avocado?
- What are the health benefits of dhaniya?
- What are the health benefits of carrot?
- What Are the Health Benefits of Lavender?
- What Are the Health Benefits of Magnesium?
- What are the health benefits of drinking jeera water daily?
- What are the health benefits of rice water for babies?
- The Health Benefits of Magnesium
- What Are Grapes? Nutrition, Health Benefits, Risks, and Types