- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp Messenger?
WhatsApp is an instant messaging platform, designed to make communication quick and easy. It is designed for a mobile and web version - that means the conversations can be managed on multiple devices, a feature that is valued highly by users.
It displays read and delivery confirmation, as well providing users with the option to create group chats and make voice calls. It is the world's most popular messaging app, with around 1.5 billion active users. It is available for Android and other smartphones absolutely free unless we are not exceed our daily data limit.
Facebook Messenger is a standalone app operated by Facebook, it allows users to play in-app games, make video and audio calls along with sending or receiving payments. It is tied up with the social media platform. It is not a paid service. Messenger doesn’t have any limit on how many photos you can send at once.
The major differences between WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger are as follows −
|WhatsApp is a standalone app||Messenger is not a standalone app, it requires Facebook login to get started.|
|In WhatsApp there is a limit, while sending photos, we can send only a maximum of 10 at a time. It creates a little inconvenience to users.||In Facebook Messenger there is no limit of sending photos at a time.|
|WhatsApp requires very less bandwidth to connect.||Messenger requires more bandwidth when compared to WhatsApp to connect.|
|WhatsApp is a lighter application, It won’t consume more data to run even though we are using an App.||Facebook Messenger is a heavy application, it consumes a lot of data to launch and run in the background, even though we are not using the App.|
|In WhatsApp the messages are protected by end-to-end encryption by default.||The encryption settings and options are not present by default on Facebook Messenger. We have to activate encryption.|
|WhatsApp allows you to share contacts on your contact list.||Messenger won’t allow sharing contacts.|
|WhatsApp has around 1.5 billion active users.||Facebook has around 1.3 billion active users.|
|We can have groups calls with maximum 8 members in WhatsApp||In messenger we can start groups’ calls with up to 50 members.|
|WhatsApp is taking almost 3GB of space||Messenger size is 37MB for Android, 153 MB for IOS, 108.7 MB for Windows 10|
|WhatsApp is available in 40 languages on iPhone and 60 languages on Android.||Available in 111 languages.|
- What are the differences between WhatsApp Messenger and Viber?
- What are the differences between Skype and Facebook Messenger?
- How to Deactivate or Delete Facebook Messenger
- What are the differences between Telegram and WhatsApp?
- What are the differences between holography and photography?
- What are the differences between C++ and Java?
- What are the differences between C and Java?
- What are the differences between lodash and underscore?
- What are the differences between IPO and FPO?
- What are the differences between solvency and liquidity?
- What are the differences between Flutter and Xamarin?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between Malware and Ransomware?