- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between WhatsApp Messenger and Viber?
Let us understand the concept of Viber and Whatsapp messenger.
It allows users to send multiple images and videos at a time. One can also block another user. It also has a cross platform typing indicator. One can send longer video messages which will be up to 3 minutes long.
Selecting the option of receiving the video calls with video, the app will automatically open the front camera for the conversation.
User-Experience for the Viber application is as follows −
If we sum up the negative and positive experiences, more than average users are happy with this application.
According to them, it is so simple that their parents (who have little knowledge about these types of applications) can use it of their own.
They said that they can mainly communicate easily with their relatives who are abroad. Some said that without any reason they were kicked out of their account and logged out too.
This app can beat the market of any of the chatting apps.
It is an instant messaging platform, designed to make communication quick and easy. It is designed for a mobile and web version - that means the conversations can be managed on multiple devices, a feature that is valued highly by users.
It displays read and delivery confirmation, as well providing users with the option to create group chats and make voice calls. It is the world's most popular messaging app, with around 1.5 billion active users. It is available for Android and other smartphones absolutely free unless we are not exceed our daily data limit.
The major differences between WhatsApp and Viber are as follows −
|WhatsApp is owned by Facebook||Viber is owned by Rakuten Japan Company.|
|WhatsApp is free for the first year. Once the first year is over, the cost of using WhatsApp is $1 per year.||Viber is free to use, when it comes to Viber to Viber VoIP calls and messaging.|
|WhatsApp is an add-free app||Viber service contains ads.|
|WhatsApp does not contain games for playing.||Viber provides games for playing.|
|WhatsApp doesn’t have the feature of public chat.||Viber has the feature of public chat that allows it to connect with the public accounts.|
|WhatsApp is having only fewer colourful and stickering chats when compared to Viber.||Viber is having only more colourful and stickering chat when compared to WhatsApp.|
|No hidden chat feature is available.||Hidden chat feature is available.|
|We cannot make calls to landline numbers using WhatsApp.||We can enable users to make calls to landline numbers also.|
|WhatsApp does not provide a sign-in option with Facebook.||Viber provides a sign-in option with Facebook.|
- Related Articles
- What are the differences between Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp Messenger?
- What are the differences between Skype and Facebook Messenger?
- What are the differences between Telegram and WhatsApp?
- What are the differences between C++ and Java?
- What are the differences between C and Java?
- What are the differences between holography and photography?
- What are the differences between lodash and underscore?
- What are the differences between IPO and FPO?
- What are the differences between solvency and liquidity?
- What are the differences between Flutter and Xamarin?
- What are the differences between Fiber and Fabric?
- What are the differences between Minerals and Ores?
- What are the differences between fertilization and syngamy?
- What are the differences between coal and petroleum?
- What are the differences between patent and trademark?