- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between Dropbox and SecureSafe?
Let us understand the concepts of Dropbox and SecureSafe before learning the differences between them.
Dropbox is operated by the American company Dropbox, Inc. and was released in the year 2008. It is a file hosting service.
Dropbox is placed in a high position in a competitive market. In comparison to all the cloud storage platforms, Dropbox has been highly effective in capturing the largest share of the cloud market.
It is important to mention that cloud platforms like Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive, Apple cloud have some disadvantages which are readily covered by Dropbox.
Furthermore, it has some secured data servers that are highly competitive in comparison to the other companies. Hence, it can be said that Dropbox is positioned well so that work can be done effectively.
The features of Dropbox are as follows −
Store and access files from anywhere
Bring all your content together
Work smarter from your desktop
Dropbox Give permissions to the right people for right access
Disaster-proof your files
Keep company data in safe hands
The advantages of Dropbox are as follows −
It is completely free.
Easy to use
It will access the latest version of each file
It share files
The disadvantages of Dropbox are as follows −
Right to delete information
It concerns about the security
It's not easy to drag copies of files
SecureSafe was launched by DSwiss AG in the year 2009 and is one of the file hosting services and cloud storage. It also provides password safe, document storage and digital spaces for online collaboration. It is based on the basis of principles of security by design and privacy by design. It offers 100 MB storage space for free and for paid users, it offers 100 GB storage space.
The features of SecureSafe are as follows −
The major differences between Dropbox and SecureSafe are as follows −
|Dropbox is owned by Dropbox incorporation in the year 2007.||It was launched by DSwiss AG in the year 2009|
|Dropbox offers 2 GB free storage space.||It offers 100 MB storage space for free|
|Dropbox provides unlimited storage space.||The maximum storage capacity of SecureSafe is 100 GB.|
|The maximum file size in the drop box is 10 GB.||SecureSafe maximum file size is 2 GB|
|Dropbox provides file hosting service, file synchronization service and cloud storage service.||SecureSafe offers file synchronization and a file hosting service.|
|Dropbox supports file versioning partially.||SecureSafe does not support file versioning.|
|Dropbox has a band-width limit of 20 GB per day for free and 200 GB per day for paid.||SecureSafe has no band-width limit.|
|Dropbox supports developer API.||SecureSafe does not support developer API.|
|Dropbox has allow space for referral up to 18 GB||SecureSafe has no referral system.|
|Dropbox uses block-Syncing to update changes quickly.||SecureSafe does not use block-syncing to update changes quickly.|
|Dropbox shared files via web applications||SecureSafe shares file via link.|
- What are the differences between Dropbox and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and pCloud?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and SugarSync?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and Zetta?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and Wuala?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and SecureSafe?
- What are the differences between SecureSafe and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between SecureSafe and pCloud?
- What are the differences between SecureSafe and MiMedia?