- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between Dropbox and SugarSync?
Let us understand the concepts of Dropbox and SugarSync before learning the differences between them.
Dropbox is operated by the American company Dropbox, Inc. and was released in the year 2008. It is a file hosting service.
Dropbox is placed in a high position in a competitive market. In comparison to all the cloud storage platforms, Dropbox has been highly effective in capturing the largest share of the cloud market.
It is important to mention that cloud platforms like Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive, Apple cloud have some disadvantages which are readily covered by Dropbox.
Furthermore, it has some secured data servers that are highly competitive in comparison to the other companies. Hence, it can be said that Dropbox is positioned well so that work can be done effectively.
The features of Dropbox are as follows −
- Store and access files from anywhere
- Bring all your content together
- Work smarter from your desktop
- Dropbox Give permissions to the right people for right access
- Disaster-proof your files
- Keep company data in safe hands
- File sharing
- Productivity tools
- Content collaboration
The advantages of Dropbox are as follows −
- It is completely free.
- Easy to use
- It will access the latest version of each file
- It share files
- Multiple accounts
The disadvantages of Dropbox are as follows −
- Right to delete information
- It concerns about the security
- It's not easy to drag copies of files
It is one of the longest-running cloud back-up services around started in year 2004. It is a convenient way to back up, sync, and access files from anywhere, anytime. It is one of the simplest file syncing services we have ever seen.
It can sync and securely access our files from the cloud in seconds. It can also save, view, and edit our documents across multiple devices and can manage and share our files the way we want.
The features of SugarSync are as follows −
In SugarSync we can safely access and share our files and folders from anywhere.
Sync Any Device
File Sharing with Anyone
Security & Protection
The advantages of SugarSync are as follows −
- Sync files
- Share files and folders
The disadvantages of SugarSync are as follows −
- Non-existent customer support
- Duplicate folder
- After 30 days free version, no longer exists
- Price is too high
- Resources decreases
The major differences between Dropbox and SugarSync are as follows −
|Dropbox is owned by Dropbox incorporation in the year 2007.||It was launched by J2Global in the year 2009|
|Dropbox offers 2 GB free storage space.||It does not offer free storage space|
|Dropbox provides unlimited storage space.||The maximum storage capacity of SugarSync is 60 GB.|
|The maximum file size in the drop box is 10 GB.||SugarSync file size is unlimited.|
|Dropbox provides file hosting service, file synchronization service and cloud storage service.||SugarSync offers file synchronization, cloud storage service and a file hosting service.|
|Dropbox is supported by windows, OS X, Android, BlackBerry, iOS operating systems.||SugarSync supports Windows, macOS, iOS and Android only.|
|Dropbox supports file versioning partially.||SugarSync supports file versioning.|
|Dropbox has a band-width limit 20 GB for free and 200 GB for paid.||SugarSync has a band-width limit of 10 GB for free and 250 GB for paid.|
|Dropbox uses block-Syncing to update changes quickly.||SugarSync does not use block-Syncing to update changes quickly.|
- What are the differences between Dropbox and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and ShareFile?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and Wasabi?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and pCloud?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and Tresorit?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and TitanFile?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and SecureSafe?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and Zetta?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and Wuala?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and pCloud?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and TitanFile?