- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the causes of asthma and the misconceptions associated with it?
Asthma results in troubled and difficult breathing, leading to a persistent cough, wheezing, and tightness feeling in the chest. For some individuals, asthma is not a serious problem. But in others, it's a life-threatening problem that can hinder your routine tasks making it hard and difficult to do.
Asthma cannot be completely cured; however, can be managed with proper care and medication. So, it's important to consult a doctor for proper treatment and medication.
Symptoms of Asthma
The symptoms of this condition vary from person to person. The most common symptoms are:
- The feeling of tightness in the chest or chest pain
- Coughing or wheezing that may end up with the common flu, cold or cough
- Strained or troubled breathing
- Sleep difficulties as a result of constant coughing, wheezing or troubled breathing
Symptoms of Worsening asthma Include
- More difficulty in breathing
- Frequent usage of inhaler
What Triggers Asthma?
Though Allergies are one of the most common causes of asthma, but allergy is not always responsible for your asthma condition. Asthma could be a hereditary problem.
Some Common Triggers
Allergies: People suffering from asthma are allergic to trees or weed, dust, grass, pet dander, eye. The level of cleanliness maintained at your home and at your workplace could also determine your chances of suffering from asthma.
Common foods and their additives one might be allergic to include: peanuts, wheat, eggs, soy, fresh fruits, fish, Salads, Shrimps, prawn, and other crustaceans
High-intensity exercises can also lead to asthma
Change in weather such as a cold wind or humidity
Irritants such as strong perfume odor, tobacco smoke, cleaning agents, pollutants such as vapor or occupational dust
Emotions such as anxiety, stress, or anger
Common Myths About Asthma
Misconception#1: Asthma patients should not engage in mild or strenuous exercises.
Fact: Regardless of whether you are suffering from asthma or not, exercise will always remain an important factor in your fitness routine.
Misconception#2: Dietary supplements can ease the symptoms of Asthma.
Misconception#3: The condition will always outgrow.
Misconception#4: Medicines for asthma will not effect after a certain point in time.
- What are the causes and symptoms of Proteinuria?
- What are the causes of Anorexia?
- What are the causes of Anomalies?
- What are the symptoms and causes of neurological disorders?
- What are the privacy and security issues associated with chatbots?
- What are the causes and disadvantages of Low Power Factor?
- What are the common causes of knee pain?
- What are the causes of coughing and wheezing in a baby?
- What are the biggest misconceptions that Indians have about India?
- What are Welding Defects? – Types, Causes, and Remedies
- What is the protocol that is associated with multicasting?
- What causes the sailing stones to move?
- What is type3 driver of JDBC what are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
- What is type4 driver of JDBC what are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
- What is type1 driver of JDBC what are the advantages and disadvantages of it?