- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the advice you would like to give a newly married couple?
This question reminds me of an incident when I met a marriage counselor, Mr. Tandon at Chicago airport during one of my marketing campaigns. Although, we discussed many topics, but one married couple seated next to us gave me the reason to have Mr. Tandon's insight on this great and very old institution, marriage. He stated with a huge degree of confidence,
"You know, it's very easy to handle women because you can fool them without a hitch. Look at me, I have been doing this for the last 18 years and I suggest the same to all men who come to me for counseling."
He talked very boldly on the topic and seemed as if he handles his wife brilliantly. I was about to reach to the envious verge but the ringtone of his mobile, which he mistakenly left on his seat before going to the loo, brought me back to the reality. It constantly rang three times but Mr. Tandon was nowhere in the picture. Then I tried to see the name of the caller and it appeared on the screen as 'Dharmasankat'. Considering the call urgent, I picked it and before I could say 'Hello', the thundering voice from the other end dazzled me, it was some lady who was shouting,
"Why the hell you don't get some treatment to your ears that cannot hear the phone's ring. Now, you have started ignoring me even outside the home. I know you're pissed off me that's why you don't care that I may call you to share something important with you...You are worthless...and blah blah blah."
Got startled, I disconnected the call in a confusion and left it back from where I picked it. I found myself in a puzzle of thoughts including what if the lady calls back and the next moment I saw Mr. Tandon looking for his phone and I indicated towards the seat informing him that some 'Dharmasankat' was calling. He immediately replied with sheer inquisitiveness,
"Yeah, that's my wife!!" and started checking call logs.
Before he could ask anything, I left the place after gathering my luggage in a state of utter shock.
That very moment I realized that no one in this world can ever give any advice on marriage. A marriage is like a coconut, you can only guess whether you'll get a good or bad one until you break (into) it.
- Related Articles
- What advice would you like to give to a teenager?
- What are some interesting bedtime stories you would like to tell your kids?
- Can you give some nutritional advice/nutritional elements for healthy infants?
- What are some tips to decorate the room of a newlywed couple?
- What are the situations that give you goosebumps?
- What would your image look like if you stood close to a large:(a) convex mirror?(b) concave mirror?
- What would be the five possessions if you are asked to keep?
- What are the scientific reasons behind daily rituals followed by a married woman?
- You want to buy a house. Would you like to buy a house having windows but no ventilators? Explain your answer.
- What precautions would you take if lightning occurs while you are outside the house?
- What to do – When got married to a WRONG Guy?
- Name the process you would use to separate a mixture of two miscible liquids (like acetone and water).
- What are the Few Pitfalls of the newly launched Apple’s iOS 10?
- Assume, today is your last day on this earth. How would you like to spend it?
- What would you do if you were made a superhero for a day?