- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Types of Web Hosting
Web Hosting is a service that helps web browser clients to easily access electronic information on the Internet by hosting/posting web-server programs (websites or web pages) on a computer system.
A web server, often known as a web host, is a computer system that hosts websites. Internet users need to use the website URL or domain name in their browser to access a website. After that, the user's machine will connect to the web server, and the web pages will be provided to them through the browser.
The following are the types of Web hosting services −
This is a non-commercial, free web hosting service. This sort of hosting is offered from several well-known websites that provide free hosting for a limited number of web pages.
Free of charge
Advertisements, banners, and several other types of advertising media can be placed on websites
Customer service is lacking
Data transmission is limited due to a lack of bandwidth
You do not have control over your website
It is a hosting web service in which several websites are hosted on a single web server linked to the Internet. With a hosting package from the wed b hosting firm, you may show yourself to your web audience as an autonomous personality.
Simple and inexpensive
Hosting service ensures security 24 hours a day, seven days a week technical assistance
Shared resources might cause the entire server to slow down
Dedicated hosting is more versatile
This type of hosting is suited for huge websites with high traffic. The company aspiring to go online rents an entire web server from a hosting company. This is suitable for companies hosting big websites, maintaining other sites, managing a big online mall, etc.
Ideal for large business
Strong database support
Unlimited software support
Powerful e-mail solutions
Complete root access to your servers
It's very expensive
Requires superior skill sets
Colocation hosting allows you to run your web server on a service provider's facilities. It's identical to dedicated hosting, except that the user-business now provides the server, and the hosting provider takes care of the physical needs.
Increasing Bandwidth Unlimited Software Options and a High Uptime
Configuration and debugging are complex
High-level talents are required
- what is web hosting and how does it work?
- What are the types of Web Mining?
- Cloud Hosting Service Insights – Cloud Hosting Providers
- What are the types of web services in information security?
- What is Bulletproof Hosting?
- Essential Steps to HIPAA-Compliant Cloud Hosting
- Using FFMPEG with HTML5 for online video hosting
- How to redirect URLs with your Hosting Account?
- Why Won’t Your Hosting Provider Sign a HIPAA BAA?
- What's the best cheap hosting provider in India?
- Usage of Responsive Web Design
- Html5 responsiveness of the web
- Difference between Web Browser and Web Server.
- Difference between Deep Web and Dark Web
- What is Web 3.0 & how it is different from Web 1.0 & Web 2.0?