- SAP PM Tutorial
- SAP PM - Home
- SAP PM - Overview
- SAP PM - Technical Objects
- SAP PM - Equipment Master Record
- Functions of Technical Objects
- SAP PM - Creating Multilingual Text
- SAP PM - Breakdown Maintenance
- SAP PM - Corrective Maintenance
- SAP PM - Creating/Planning MO
- SAP PM - Preventive Maintenance
- SAP PM - Maintenance Planning
- Project Oriented Maintenance
- SAP PM - Refurbishment Process
- SAP PM - Warranty Claim Processing
- Mobile Applications For EAM
- Work Clearance Management
- SAP PM - Information System
- Cross Application Time Sheet
- SAP PM - Single & Composite Roles
- SAP PM Useful Resources
- SAP PM - Questions Answers
- SAP PM - Quick Guide
- SAP PM - Useful Resources
- SAP PM - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP PM - Refurbishment Process
Refurbishment is defined as the process of repairing spare parts and returning the spare parts to the warehouse or to the equipment. You can define a Refurbishment order as Maintenance order by which you can execute the process of refurbishing damaged equipment. To perform this, you need a material and serial # combination.
As part of the Refurbishment process, you can uninstall the damaged equipment or material from the maintenance plant and it is moved to the Warehouse using movement type 101. A Refurbishment order is created to collect the cost for the refurbishment process.
Once the Refurbishment process is completed, you change the conditional state of material from damaged to Refurbished state. The Refurbished equipment can be reinstalled in the maintenance plant and the order is closed. Following are the key steps in the Refurbishment process −
- Uninstall the damaged equipment from the Maintenance Plant.
- Movement type 101, to move the material to the warehouse.
- Creation of Refurbishment order to collect the cost for the refurbishment activity.
- When the Refurbishment process is executed, the state of material is changed from damaged to Refurbished.
- Reinstallation of equipment in the Maintenance plant.
Creating a Refurbishment Order in SAP PM
Step 1 − Navigate to Logistics → Plant Maintenance → Maintenance Processing → Order → Create (Special) → Refurbishment Order or IW81
The initial screen appears for creating refurbishment orders.
Step 2 − Enter the required data and click the Continue button at the top.
Order Type for Refurbishment Order − PM04
The header data screen appears for the refurbishment order. The entry of the material number and the sections Quantities and Refurbishment are specific to this order.
Step 3 − Go to Quantities, enter the total number of repairable spares, which should be refurbished for this order. Click the Continue button. You can see the total quantity of repairable spares specified is automatically entered as shown in the following screenshot.
Step 4 − To identify the repairable spares individually, choose Objects. A dialog box appears, in which you can enter serial numbers for the specified quantity of repairable spares to be refurbished.
Step 5 − To return to the header data screen, choose Continue.
Step 6 − Go to the section Refurbishment, enter the following data −
- The plant and storage location from which you want to withdraw the repairable spares to be refurbished.
- The plant and storage location to which you will return the repairable spares to be refurbished.
Once you have entered all the required data on the header data screen, you can enter additional planning data for the order. Once all the information is entered, click the Save button at the top.