- SAP PM Tutorial
- SAP PM - Home
- SAP PM - Overview
- SAP PM - Technical Objects
- SAP PM - Equipment Master Record
- Functions of Technical Objects
- SAP PM - Creating Multilingual Text
- SAP PM - Breakdown Maintenance
- SAP PM - Corrective Maintenance
- SAP PM - Creating/Planning MO
- SAP PM - Preventive Maintenance
- SAP PM - Maintenance Planning
- Project Oriented Maintenance
- SAP PM - Refurbishment Process
- SAP PM - Warranty Claim Processing
- Mobile Applications For EAM
- Work Clearance Management
- SAP PM - Information System
- Cross Application Time Sheet
- SAP PM - Single & Composite Roles
- SAP PM Useful Resources
- SAP PM - Questions Answers
- SAP PM - Quick Guide
- SAP PM - Useful Resources
- SAP PM - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP PM - Overview
SAP Plant Maintenance (SAP PM) application component provides an organization with a tool for all maintenance activities to be performed. All the activities that are performed under maintenance are interconnected and hence this module is closely integrated with other modules - Production Planning, Material Management, and Sales and Distribution.
Using SAP PM, you can perform automatic repairs and facilitate maintenance requests in an organization. It allows you to record problems in SAP system, plan labor and material activities, and to record and settle the cost.
In an organization, you can identify, document, manage problems and perform enterprise asset management for any required assets.
To perform these activities, Plant Maintenance contains the following submodules −
- Management of technical objects and equipment master record.
- Planning of maintenance task.
- Manage workflow notifications and work orders under maintenance order management.
Key Functions of Plant Maintenance
Following activities are performed under Plant Maintenance −
Inspection is done to check the actual condition of a technical system.
Preventive maintenance is used to maintain high availability of the technical system. It includes maintenance planning and work scheduling activities for technical objects.
Repair involves all measures that can be performed to restore the ideal condition. Repair process can be performed at many planning stages - like work scheduling, resource planning and initial costing, etc. You can respond immediately w.r.t to a damage events causing production shutdown. You can create required purchase requisition and processed work orders to reduce the downtime.
Integration with Other Modules
In SAP PM, you can integrate with other modules such as Material Management, Production Planning, Personnel Management, and Sales and Distribution. These modules are used to keep the current data as per the requirement in Plant Maintenance and are initiated automatically to maintain the current data in the system.
Following are the key modules in which integration is performed with Plant Maintenance −
- Material Management
- Sales and Distribution
- Personnel Management
- Production Planning
The following figure depicts a work order notification process and shows how it is executed under Plant Maintenance.
The key steps involved are −
- Newly Created Work Order
- Creation of Purchase request for work orders
- Purchase Order created and parts Received
- Parts issues to Work Order
- Approval and Planning of Work Order
- Scheduling and Releasing Work Order
- Work Order Execution
- Closing a Work Order