- SAP MM Tutorial
- SAP MM- Home
- SAP MM - Overview
- SAP MM - Screen Navigation
- SAP MM - Procurement Process
- SAP MM - Organization Structure
- SAP MM - Enterprise Structure
- SAP MM - Defining Structure
- SAP MM - Organizational Units
- SAP MM - Master Data
- SAP MM - Purchase Info Record
- SAP MM - Source Determination/List
- SAP MM - Procurement Cycle
- SAP MM - Purchase Requisition
- SAP MM - Request for Quotation
- SAP MM - Outline Agreement
- SAP MM - Quota Arrangement
- SAP MM - Posting Period
- SAP MM - Purchase Order Types
- SAP MM - Inventory Management
- SAP MM - Invoice Verification
- SAP MM - Service Management
- SAP MM - Valuation
- SAP MM - Account Determination
- SAP MM - Configuration
- SAP MM - Transaction codes
- SAP MM Useful Resources
- SAP MM - Questions & Answers
- SAP MM - Quick Guide
- SAP MM - Useful Resources
- SAP MM - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP MM - Overview
SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) is a commercial software that integrates all the information in a single software, considering various factors such as time and cost. Organizations can easily meet their business demands with the help of SAP.
SAP Business Process
SAP MM is the short form for SAP Material Management system. The roles of SAP MM in a business process are as follows −
A business process in SAP is termed as a “module”.
SAP MM is a part of logistics functions and it helps in managing the procurement activities of an organization.
It supports all aspects of material management (planning, control, etc.).
It is the backbone of logistics that incorporates modules such as Sales and Distribution, Production Planning, Plant Maintenance, Project Systems, and Warehouse Management.
Features of SAP MM
The features of a SAP MM system are as follows −
SAP MM is one of the modules of SAP that deals with material management and inventory management.
Material Management as a process ensures no shortage of materials or any gaps in the supply chain process of the organization. SAP MM speeds up the procurement and material management activities, making the business run smoothly with complete time and cost efficiency.
It deals with managing the materials (products and/or services) and resources of an organization with the aim of accelerating productivity and reducing costs. At the same time, SAP MM is quite versatile to accommodate changes that are frequent in any business environment.
It deals with the Procurement Process, Master Data (Material & Vendor Master), Account Determination & Valuation of Material, Inventory Management, Invoice Verification, Material Requirement Planning, etc.