- Percentage Increase & Decrease
- Finding the final amount given the original amount and a percentage increase or decrease
- Finding the sale price given the original price and percent discount
- Finding the sale price without a calculator given the original price and percent discount
- Finding the total cost including tax or markup
- Finding the original amount given the result of a percentage increase or decrease
- Finding the original price given the sale price and percent discount
- Comparing discounts
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Percentage Increase and Decrease
This tutorial provides comprehensive coverage of percentage increase and decrease based on Common Core (CCSS) and State Standards and its prerequisites. Students can navigate learning paths based on their level of readiness. Institutional users may customize the scope and sequence to meet curricular needs. This simple tutorial uses appropriate examples to help you understand percentage increase and decrease in a general and quick way.
This tutorial has been prepared for beginners to help them understand the basics of percentage increase and decrease. After completing this tutorial, you will find yourself at a moderate level of expertise in percentage increase and decrease, from where you can advance further.
Before proceeding with this tutorial, you need a basic knowledge of elementary math concepts such as number sense, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, whole numbers, fractions, decimals, comparing and ordering whole numbers, ratios and proportion, percents and so on.