What is plasma and what is its function?

Plasma is the liquid component of blood which consists of water, salts, enzymes, ions, and proteins. Plasma makes up about 55% of total blood volume; remaining 45% is cells and platelets.

Plasma is a light yellow liquid which can be isolated by centrifugation. The function of plasma is to carry nutrients, hormones, and proteins to the parts of the body wherever requirement.  


Simply Easy Learning