- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is a Periscope and what is its ;use?
A periscope is an instrument used for observing an object which cannot be seen directly because of obstacles. Periscope has an outer case with mirrors at each end at 45° angle which are placed parallel to the surface. This arrangement helps to observe over, around or through an object.
Uses of periscope are as follows:
1. Periscope is used to view objects that are not in the direct line of sight.
2. Submarines use periscope to determine the distance of a torpedo. This helps in deciding the right time for the attack.
3. A nuclear reactor uses periscope to observe the chemical reactions.
4. Periscope is used in military to do observation in hiding position. The main disadvantage is that it periscope can be used by one person at a time.
5. Periscope is used in Tanks and armored vehicles to inspect the surrounding.
- Related Articles
- What is periscope ?
- What is bootstrap and what is its use as a framework?
- What is Java API and what is its use?
- What is nichrome? State its one use.
- What is CNG? State its one use.
- What is “Rangoli’ and what is its significance?
- What is plasma and what is its function?
- What is a Blue Paradise Fish and what is its lifespan?
- What is a scriptlet in JSP and what is its syntax?
- What is a waveguide and what are its types?
- What is Account Balance and what is its significance?
- What is Scenario Analysis and what is its importance?
- What is Bone Marrow and what is its work ?