- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
State the advantages and disadvantages of using solar cells.
The advantages of solar cells are as follows:
1. They do not have moving parts and require no maintenance.
2. They can be used even in remote and inaccessible areas.
The disadvantages of solar cells are as follows:
1. They are very expensive, as they require a special grade of silicon or silver wire.
2. They are less efficient, as they can convert only about 25% of the light falling on them into electricity.
3. They cannot work during the night time and can't even work in the day time when the sky is cloudy.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started