- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Solve the blood grouping question: A man having blood group A marries with a woman having blood group O. They have a child. What will be the blood group of the child?
The man having blood group A possess two possibilities of antigen present in the blood: IAIA or IAIO
Similarly, the woman with blood group O has no antigen present in the blood: IOIO
The possible antigens present in the blood of their child is
IAIA X IOIO IAIO X IOIO
IAIO and IAIO IAIO and IOIO
Thus, if man is homozygous, with both dominant gene A present in the blood (IAIA), there is a 100% possibility that child will be heterozygous, with blood group A (Possessing antigen IAIO).
But, if the man is heterozygous, with blood antigen (IAIO), then the calculated possibility of blood group of child will be:
50% blood group A (with antigen IAIO) and 50% chance of blood group O (with no antigen IOIO)
- Related Articles
- A man having blood group O marries a woman having blood group B and they have a daughter. What will be the blood group of the daughter?
- State any one difference between pollination and fertilization.A man with blood group A marries a woman with blood group O and their daughter has blood group O. Is this information enough to tell you which of the traits-blood group A or O is dominant? Why?
- (a) How does the embryo get nourishment inside the mother's body?(b) If the blood group of father is A and the blood group of mother is O, what will be the blood group of their daughter? Explain how you have arrived at your answer.
- Describe blood group.
- What do we call the AB Blood group as the universal recipient?
- What are the possible blood groups likely to be inherited by children born to a group A mother and a group B father? Explain your reasoning.
- The blood groups of 30 students of class IX are recorded as follows:A, B, O, O, AB, O, A, O, B, A, O, B, A, O, O,A, AB, O, A, A, O, O, AB, B, A, O, B, A, B, O,A student is selected at random from the class from blood donation. Find the probability that the blood group of the student chosen is A.
- How can we check our blood group by experimenting?
- The pulmonary arteries carry(a) pure blood(b) impure blood(c) blood to kidney(d) blood from the kidney
- What is blood? Name all the components of blood. Why the color of blood is red?
- In which group of animals, coelom is filled with blood?(A) Arthropoda (B) Annelida (C) Nematoda (D) Echinodermata
- Name one animal having single circulation of blood and another having double circulation.
- The clotting of blood is to(a) Slow down the movement of blood inside the blood vessel.(b) trap oxygen inside the blood so that it may be transported more easily.(c) seal up wounds to avoid loss of blood(d) all the above are correct
- (a) What is blood ? Why is it red ?(b) State the functions of blood in our body.(c) Name a circulatory fluid in the human body other than blood.
- (a) What is lymphatic system ? What are its functions?(b) What is blood pressure ? What are the two factors used to express the blood pressure of a person?(c) Name the main nitrogenous waste in the human blood. How is it removed from the blood ?