- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
(a) What is blood ? Why is it red ?
(b) State the functions of blood in our body.
(c) Name a circulatory fluid in the human body other than blood.
(a) Blood is the red color connective tissue that circulates in our body. It consists of plasma, red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.
It is red due to the presence of haemoglobin, the red colour pigment.
(b) The functions of blood in our body are given below:
- Transportation of oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body.
- It brings waste products like carbon dioxide from cells to the lungs.
- It fights against diseases and infections.
- It maintains body temperature.
- It carries wastes products like urea from the liver to the kidneys for excretion in the form of urine.
(c) Lymph is also a circulatory fluid in the human body.
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started