- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
The pulmonary arteries carry
(a) pure blood
(b) impure blood
(c) blood to kidney
(d) blood from the kidney
Correct Answer: (b) impure blood
Explanation:The right side of the heart pumps blood to the lungs to pick up oxygen, i.e. the blood moving towards the lungs is oxygen-poor or deoxygenated. While, the left side of the heart receives the oxygen-rich blood (or oxygenated blood) from the lungs, and pumps it to the body.
The pulmonary artery is the exceptional artery that carries impure blood (deoxygenated blood) from the right ventricle to the left lung for blood purification.
- Related Articles
- Veins and arteries carry blood. Which of these carry blood :(a) away from the heart ?(b) back to the heart ?
- The blood vessel which carries blood from lungs to heart is called(a) Pulmonary artery(b) Coronary artery(c) Renal artery(d) Pulmonary vein
- The blood vessel which carries oxygenated blood from the lungs to the heart is:(a) main artery (b) pulmonary artery (c) main vein (d) pulmonary vein
- The component of blood which makes chemicals known as antibodies is:(a) platelets (b) white blood cells (c) red blood cells (d) plasma
- One of our body organs is used to filter waste products of the blood.(a) Heart(b) Lungs(c) Kidney(d) Stomach
- A blood vessel which carries blood back to the heart is:(a) artery (b) vein (c) capillary (d) platelet
- One of the following is not a constituent of blood. This one is:(a) red blood cells (b) white blood cells (c) sieve plates (d) platelets
- The clotting of blood is to(a) Slow down the movement of blood inside the blood vessel.(b) trap oxygen inside the blood so that it may be transported more easily.(c) seal up wounds to avoid loss of blood(d) all the above are correct
- What is blood? Name all the components of blood. Why the color of blood is red?
- Pulse is caused by(a) the valves in an artery opening and closing(b) oxygen entering the blood in the lungs(c) changes in blood pressure in an artery(d) red blood cells colliding with each other in the arteries
- The procedure of cleaning the blood of a person by using a kidney machine is known as:(a) ketolysis (b) hydrolysis (c) dialysis (d) photolysis
- Arterial blood may be distinguished from venous blood because the latter is(a) a dull red(b) a brighter red(c) thicker(d) thinner
- (a) What is lymphatic system ? What are its functions?(b) What is blood pressure ? What are the two factors used to express the blood pressure of a person?(c) Name the main nitrogenous waste in the human blood. How is it removed from the blood ?
- Blood Cancer