- Mobile Security Tutorial
- Mobile Security - Home
- Mobile Security - Introduction
- Mobile Security - Attack Vectors
- App Stores & Issues
- Mobile Security - Mobile Spam
- Mobile Security - Android OS
- Mobile Security - Android Rooting
- Mobile Security - Android Devices
- Mobile Security - Android Tools
- Mobile Security - Apple iOS
- iOS Device Tracking Tools
- Windows Phone OS
- Mobile Security - BlackBerry OS
- Mobile Security - BlackBerry Devices
- Mobile Security - MDM Solution
- SMS Phishing Countermeasures
- Mobile Security - Protection Tools
- Mobile Security - Pen Testing
- Mobile Security Useful Resources
- Mobile Security - Quick Guide
- Mobile Security - Useful Resources
- Mobile Security - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Mobile Security - Windows Phone OS
This is an operating system developed by Microsoft for mobile phones with processing capabilities. You can share calendars, lists, and photos. It is also based on One Note so you can share photos in lists as well. You can invite people who don’t have a Windows Phone into your room, the experience will be more limited, calendar sharing was one of the features that was highlighted.
SkyDrive syncs your office documents across all your devices, and you get 7GB of free storage
Guidelines for Securing Windows OS Devices
Following are some of the practical guidelines to secure mobile phones. The list is based on the best practices. Neither are they always mandatory nor are these universal rules.
- Lock the screen
- Download apps only from trusted sources.
- Keep your phone updated with WP8 security updates
- Use Zune desktop software to back up your device data
- Try to connect to secured Wi-Fi networks
- Set up passwords for WP8 lock screen
- Protect your WP8 SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) with a PIN.
Windows OS Device Tracking Tool
FollowMee GPS Tracker
FollowMee is a GPS tracker for Windows phone 8. The device is traceable every time and everywhere. When you install this app to a device that you want to track, it quietly records its location (GPS, WiFi, or cellular triangulation) periodically, and uploads to the secured server. To monitor the location of your tracked device, you simply browse to this website in any browser (either desktop or mobile).
Using this GPS tracker app, you can follow the whereabouts of your children or other family members. You can also use it for business purposes. You can use it to track your employees, company mobile devices, or your fleet.